Thursday, November 10, 2011

WAQ

Hey! I got to participate in an amazing new program the Army has started for Soldiers through the MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) program, it's called the Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ).

A issue the Army is facing with the many multiple deployments to high stress areas is Soldiers are coming home still in 'red' or high alert mode. They have trouble reintegrating back into life at home, with their families and friends. Many times Soldiers turn to high adrenaline and dangerous activities. WAQ is designed to introduce recently redeployed Soldiers (like myself) to activities that serve as alternatives to potentially destructive behaviors.

I was able (as a work day) play paintball with the other Soldiers in my Company. It was AWESOME! We broke into teams and played objective based games. This helped encourage teamwork and build communication between others in the unit. I even had the flag a few times. I am happy to have some good people in my unit. I encourage everyone to support programs like this for the military. We fight for freedom and need support to be free of the fighting at home.









No comments:

Post a Comment